Delkin Devices, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of specialty memory upgrades for digital cameras, laser printers, laptops, PDA's and more. Delkin is currently looking for creative people to join our fast-paced, challenging, yet enjoyable work atmosphere.
All positions at Delkin Device include a benefits package of the following:
- Health care coverage (medical & dental) for employee and immediate family. Delkin pays 50% of the cost for medical and 25% of the cost for dental.
- 401k plan.
- 2 weeks PTO (Paid Time Off) per year and paid holidays.
- Tuition assistance.
- Employee purchase program.
- Healthy & fun work environment.
Delkin Devices, Inc. has been manufacturing memory upgrades and memory related products since 1986 in San Diego, CA. Delkin's main focus is making memory technology products for OEM's on a private label, contract basis. Delkin first entered the flash memory market in 1994, and has focused on digital imaging and audio products with our eFilm™ line of upgrades since 1996. Delkin is a member of the JEDEC, PCMCIA and CompactFlash™ Associations.
If interested please contact Delkin Human Resources here.
VP of Worldwide Sales Business Development
Type of position:
The position of applications engineer includes researching, collecting and reporting information on the capabilities of Delkin Devices' industrial non-volatile solid state memory products and that of its competitors; collaborating and assisting in the design and development of new products as well as adapting or modifying existing products to fulfill the needs of a customer or market; troubleshooting and failure analysis investigations tied to customer host environments; providing data about product functionality and capability to the sales department; serving as a technical liaison to the company's sales department and providing direct customer support as a technical resource.
Skills of an applications engineer include strong technical aptitude and knowledge; strong communication and customer service skills; responsiveness; ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects; ability to work under minimum supervision. Direct knowledge of and experience with flash/non-volatile memory technology and products is desired.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop working knowledge of Delkin Devices' industrial non-volatile solid state memory products, in order to be able to recommend solutions for customer applications
- Technical liaison to the sales team, responding in a timely manner to technical questions and issues, and maintain Industrial FAQ database.
- Limited development and design work tied to new products and adaption of existing products for customer environments
- Collaborate with engineering and quality teams to address sustaining engineering and customer qualification issues, such as custom requirements, host application F/A, etc.
- Support Product Managers as needed for technical documentation, development of new product proposals, customer requirements
- Research and communicate competitive intelligence with respect to Delkin Industrial market offerings.
- Potential for limited travel to customer sites to troubleshoot and resolve problems, as needed
- Some travel may be required (<10%)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- General familiarity with PC's, Windows/Linux Operating Systems, and Microsoft Office software is required
- Basic soldering skills
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and failure analysis skills
- Strong communication skills and project management fundamentals
- Hands-on approach and willingness to do what it takes to satisfy the customer
- Strong team-player
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 1 - 3 years of experience in a technology development and/or applications support environment; Knowledge of and experience with non-volatile solid state memory desired